I just watched Away We Go. I liked it. It took 40 minutes for me to be sure I liked it, but then I was. It had Maya Rudolph and John Krasinski in it, and the screenplay was written by Dave Eggers and Vendela Vida (who is his wife or girlfriend or something, and also a writer). At first it had this hipster veneer that made me feel distant from the characters, but then that sort of fell away. And the music was very nice and acoustic. It's funny, I was considering buying the soundtrack based on the cover and general gestalt when I was in Portland, but didn't. It would have worked out fine, because I ended up liking the music.

Outside, the snow is pouring down. It's the snowiest winter since I moved to New York in 1999 - if not in terms of accumulation, then definitely in terms of frequency. And this time, it doesn't seem to be stopping. I'm a little bit afraid to go outside.

Comments

Caro said…
We have been getting none stop slush falls here, it's worst than snow.
Bearette said…
I agree! The sidewalks are very slushy here. Difficult to push the stroller through.
blackcrag said…
It hasn't stopped snowing here for four days. The warmer temperatures lately melted most of it as soon as it fell, or at least kept it to an inch or two. Today though, it has come down in big fluffy flakes and is sitting a good three inches in the seven hours I was at work today.
Bearette said…
Oh my. I hope it stops snowing here before 4 days are up.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!