Too wired to sleep

So D and I were offered an apartment from our list. We're going to see it tomorrow. It should be great, but I'm anxious about it nonetheless. Big life changes and all that. I wish we could see it right now. But the management office was already closed when we got back from Boston, so we couldn't get the keys.

E is crawling, but in a very calm way. He's not one of those terrors who zips around the house, unplugging everything and swallowing chemicals. (I actually moved all the detergent to the top of the fridge months ago.)

We went to a "wedding celebration" on Saturday. It was in a town that's hard to reach because it's not accessible from 128, eastern Massachusetts's major highway. It was for a friend of mine, hosted by a friend of hers (whom I've never met before). At one point, the hostess yelled, "Everyone out of my kitchen!" but I didn't know whether she meant it or not. My sarcasm/joke meter is not always the best. I chose to believe that she meant it. I could see that another woman was confused as well.

At the party, I realized that I've become a bit of a one-trick pony, conversationally. All I want to talk about is pregnancy and babies. That's a slight exaggeration, but there's a glimmer of truth to it. Fortunately, two women there were pregnant, and another woman had two kids.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you still feel like a one-trick pony if you aren't around people with kids? I wonder if it's just something that you have in common with most adults your age and therefore it's natural for you to talk about it. I get into conversations about cats quite easily with other people who have cats, but of course I don't always talk about cats :)

Good luck on the apartment viewing!
Bearette said…
Good question. You're probably right - it seems like most of the people around me have kids. But not all...
This suzy said…
I think it's harder to judge jokes and sarcasm if it's someone you don't know at all. I kind of hope the hostess was joking because that's not really a great thing to yell when you're hosting a party!
Bearette said…
Suzy - I agree! I think she may have had a weird sense of humor.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!