Of window treatments and other demons

So D and I went to Home Depot to pick out window treatments. This is about as much fun as, I don't know, getting your toenails clipped. But finally we found some really nice, not blinds exactly but in that genre (I'll put up pictures when they're installed. If I remember). They had a little veil thingy on them (I believe it is called a vane) and we had to pick out the color of that. Then we were done.

They have a big sale on, and to take advantage of it, we needed to get the measurements done by May 27. (MIL, who loves this sort of thing, warned us to have the final measurements done by the installers, so they would be responsible for any errors. It seemed like sound advice.) So D met the measurer/installer in our new apartment, and had an unexpectedly good time.

The installer told the story of an especially trying woman earlier. The woman, who lives in a rent-controlled apartment with many windows, asked him to install eight blinds (supposedly pre-paid to Home Depot). He did it. Then she asked him to install eleven more for a total of thirty dollars. He refused. She said, "Okay, I'll do it through Home Depot." She called HD and paid over the phone. He installed the eleven additional blinds. Then HD called HIM and said, "Don't do it. Her HD credit card is in collections."

So then he had to take all the blinds down. And she said, "You're gonna put my old ones back up, right?"

He did. But he told D, "I'm gonna have a Bacardi and Coke when I get home."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good grief! It's people like that that woman that make good customer service so difficult for the rest of us.

Obviously you've already selected what you wanted, but Rich and I bought some blinds that are a cross between individual blinds and shades, and they're cordless, so no baby hazard either. I love them. Of course, they're just one of the many things we're leaving behind...

The only thing I hate about shopping for blinds, curtains, etc. is the cost. So damned expensive!
Bearette said…
They were expensive. Much more than I thought. But D was happy because it was below a certain watershed number.
judy in ky said…
I hope you show a picture. I am always befuddled by such things. Maybe because we always try to put them up ourselves.
This suzy said…
If I were that man, I think I would've been really tempted to tell her to put her own blinds back up!
Bearette said…
Suzy - I know, huh?

Judy - Unfortunately, it will take a while for the blinds to arrive (custom job), but as soon as they do, I'll try to put a picture up. They looked very pretty in the store...
Oh my! Just a fellow blogger who came across your blog. That's a crazy story. I must disagree though. I love picking out window treatments.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!