The perfect meal

So tonight I had the perfect meal. My enthusiasm was a little dampened by the passage of time, but at the time, it was perfect.

cranberry juice
1/2 grapefruit
strawberry shortcake (shared with D)

Exactly what I wanted.

We also met a Wheaton named Miles. I was sitting on a park bench and he snuggled against my legs. He also planted a paw on my right foot. I think it's their trick for making sure you don't leave. His owner even offered me the leash. "He's in love with you now," she said. Wheatons are one of my favorite breeds. (Of course, the list is extensive.)

D and I were discussing the prevalence of "fire" in song lyrics - we heard "Dancing in the Dark" at the diner. I told him it's really common and they always rhyme it with "desire". Then he asked, "Do they rhyme 'cry' with 'belie'?"

"No," I told him.

He was also chagrined to find that I have never seen "Happy Days", though he conceded that most '70s TV has a "pacing problem."

Comments

This suzy said…
I always think it's so cute when animals put their paws right on you. Just precious. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!