So here's a picture of the pocketbook I finished:



And the shawl I started:



I realized I was really bored with hats.

D and I saw Superbad on Friday. It was good, but as usual with a Judd Apatow production (he directed Knocked Up), stunningly crude. He did recycle one joke from Knocked Up, where it was better executed. But I'd still give Superbad an A-.

Then my college roommate came to visit and we all watched Snakes on a Plane. She kept covering her eyes during the extremely fake murder scenes and for a moment I missed my eighth-grade slasher flick buddy, who didn't like Psycho because she wanted more "gore."

Snakes really exceeded my expectations -- if you were okay with its total ridiculousness and implausibility, then it was kind of hilarious and pretty engaging. I'd give it a B overall but a B+ within its genre.

Comments

Elsa said…
Cute bag!

And I like the colors you're using on the shawl. Can wait to see the finished piece.
This suzy said…
I can't wait to see the shawl either!

I'm so behind on movie watching, I haven't seen any of those.
Caro said…
I like your bag.

I'm a Samuel Jackson fan so I'll have to check out the movie.
Anonymous said…
Nancy seems suspicious of the shawl. Better call George and Bess for backup!
Bearette said…
Hee! While Ned trails behind feeling useless ;)
Roxanne said…
Looks like it's going to be a beautiful shawl.

I knew I wanted to see Superbad after seeing the preview, but I don't think I can subject myself to the Snakes. I saw Samuel L. Jackson being interviewed and mocking his performance.
verniciousknids said…
You're becoming quite the knitter! I like the retro cover of the Nancy Drew book...reading Nancy is how I learnt the word "titian"!
Bearette said…
Ah, yes...she is always "the attractive titian-haired detective."

After reading a nonfiction book about Nancy Drew (Girl Sleuth), I'm hooked on her all over again ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!