Rainer's new trick

So tonight I communed with Rainer at his home. He climbed into my lap and kneaded my thigh for about 10 minutes. Sometimes he lost traction, but he just hopped back on. He gets into a bit of a trance when he does that; it's fun to watch.

When he stopped kneading and curled up in my lap, I took one sandal off and put it to the side. It's more comfortable to sit cross-legged without shoes. However, I never got around to taking the other one off.

When I had to go, I stood up and he made his way to the sandal and curled up with it. He cleverly arranged it so his paw was holding it down and it was hard for me to get it back. I wondered if he was snuggling with it because:

1) it's mine and he likes me :D

or

2) he didn't want me to go.

I guess it could be both.

Cat psychology is fascinating to me ;)

Comments

Mz.Elle said…
Aww that's cute!
This suzy said…
My guess is that it's both. :)
Anonymous said…
Although I've never had a cat like this, many cat-people I know say their cats like rubbing themselves on feet and/or shoes. Maybe he likes your feet :)
Caro said…
He sounds really smart.
Bearette said…
I like the idea of him liking my feet ;)

He is *very* smart :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!