Prepare for a virtual feast

So we had dinner with P and L. I ate more than I do in a week. Here is what I (gulp) consumed:

bread and sheep's milk ricotta
roasted red peppers
beet salad (small)
sweet corn ravioli (small)
some of L's fettucine with pesto
2 small, fresh-baked doughnuts

Dang, it was good. The doughnuts were called "bombolina." The waiter came over to tell us, "Your bombolina will be out in five to ten minutes...we had to put in a new batch." P said, "I thought he was going to tell us they were out of them...and I was going to KILL him." They were divine. You know the kind of dessert where you cry out, "Oh, my GOD" as you're eating it and you're transported to food heaven? Yeah. That kind.

I always eat more with them. I think they have a relaxing effect on me :)

Before dinner, I watched Million Dollar Baby. The acting was great. I thought they all deserved their Oscars. Hillary Swank was really likable and also buff. I was in awe of her arms. But, starting at the 90-minute mark, the movie took a real turn for the worse. As in, seriously depressing. I was chanting in my head, It's-not-real it's-not-real it's-not-real...

It was very well-crafted, scripted and acted...but kind of devastating. Approach with caution.

Comments

Mz.Elle said…
That meal sounds divine!

Thanks for the warning about the movie. I'm sensitive like that. I was physically ill watching Schindler's List:(
I adore that you chant -it's not real to yourself. Me too,and my daughter too,lol
Bearette said…
It really was...I should have taken pictures!

You're welcome :)
Perplexio said…
How is cheese made from sheep's milk? How does it taste? Does it resemble goat cheese at all? Is it stronger? smoother?

I love goat cheese, but I don't believe I've ever had cheese made from sheep's milk. I'm a sucker for good cheese, probably even moreso since I moved so close to the "Cheddar Curtain" (what we folks in Illinois refer to the Wisconsin border as).
Bearette said…
Perplexio - good question. I'm not sure how it's made. It's a soft cheese like goat cheese, but it's creamier and milder tasting. I recommend it.

"Cheddar Curtain" - I love it.
Caro said…
Thanks for the heads up on the movie.
Amy said…
I love Million dollar baby...but VERY heartbreaking. I bought it after it came out on DVD because I liked it so much, but I don't know why because I can't see myself watching it again...too tragic.
Bearette said…
Amy - I know what you mean. I really liked the characters, but it was just too sad to re-watch.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!