Becoming Jane

So T and I had brunch this morning -- vanilla buttermilk pancakes for her, lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberries for me. We both admired the banana cream cheese stuffed French toast from a distance, but feared it would be too filling. I think it's the cream cheese that scared us off...the final touch of decadence.

We saw Becoming Jane which was just so good...much better than I was expecting, and more interesting than the poster implied. It was so engaging and charming. At the end though, I was crying, and I looked over at T and saw that her eyes were wet too. We had to stay in the theater for a while!

When we did leave, we passed a poster for Shoot 'em Up (ugh, what a title) in which Clive Owen plays a British nanny. Should be interesting.

Comments

verniciousknids said…
Lemon ricotta sounds perfect - light and refreshing...yum
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you liked the movie! Maybe I'll go sneak a matinee sometime this week while the hubby is at work :)
Anonymous said…
I also meant to add that I saw that same preview, and my husband said he was waiting for Vin Diesel to show up (The Pacifier).
Iamthebookworm said…
Brunch sounds yummy!
Bearette said…
The preview for Shoot 'em Up? That's funny. I just saw the poster.

I think Becoming Jane would be the perfect matinee movie :) I saw Waitress as a matinee show.
Bearette said…
Bookworm - it was!
Roxanne said…
Mmmmm....how I miss those lemon ricotta pancakes. Mucho yummy!
Elsa said…
The banana cream cheese stuffed french toast sounds so good! I understand why you didn't order it, but it does sound decadent.
Bearette said…
Maybe someday...
Irene said…
We're watching that movie soon. My husband has a big crush on Anne Hathaway. ;p

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!