So D and I went out for Valentine's Day dinner. My mom was in town and she looked after E. We went to this Italian restaurant we always frequent on V-Day. Tonight, the food was unusually delicious. They always bring out a little mound of white beans with focaccia-like bread. Then we shared an escarole and beet salad with truffle oil (lighter on the oil than it used to be). For my entree, I had butternut squash tortelloni (and one of D's wild mushroom ravioli).

The dessert was the best. It was warm apple spice cake, with walnuts for a bit of crunch, drizzled with a light caramel sauce and flanked by a scoop of vanilla ice cream. As we shared it, I said, "This is a peak experience" and "This is one of the best things that has ever happened to me."

It really was.

BabelBabe sent me some beautiful multicolored yarn, and it helped rekindle my enthusiasm for knitting. I've been working on a cream-colored scarf for ages. For some reason, I forgot that I prefer making hats. So Babelbabe's yarn is turning into a ribbed hat.

Comments

BabelBabe said…
i am making another pair of baby legwarmers, but I also prefer anything to a scarf. Scarves just go on and on and on and on and....


Happy Valentine's Day! The meal sounds wonderful!
Caro said…
Don't forget to post pics of the hat!
Anonymous said…
More knitting! Yay! I definitely understand the scarf thing, and I've just started knitting. I'm trying to make one for my sister, and I don't know if it'll ever get done.

Wild mushroom ravioli sounds divine!
Roxanne said…
I love making hats too! In fact I've got one that I need to post a pic of. Also, I just need to post in general. ;)

Your blog always makes me hungry. You could be a writer for a food mag. :)
Anonymous said…
Yum.
This suzy said…
That dessert sounds sooo good!
Anonymous said…
I still wear the hat you made me all the time. It's very cozy.
Bearette said…
I'm glad you still like it! I wonder if Alex wears it too. :D
Anonymous said…
Hmm..your whole meal sounds heavenly. Can't wait to see pics of your knitting. :)
judy in ky said…
Your meal sounds wonderful. I wish we could get that kind of food around here. Our choices are 99 percent chain restaurants connected to shopping malls. Another thing I miss about Philadelphia. (I sound like a broken record, don't I? Sorry.)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!