The lives of others

So D and I saw a movie last night, The Lives of Others. It was a foreign film playing at the Angelica (an "artsy" theater), but due to a positive review from A.O. Scott in the New York Times, the place was packed. The movie was about life in East Germany before the wall fell. It was extremely interesting (it was actually a bit of a thriller, with a fair amount of suspense), but it was depressing also. It got under my skin more than D's...I was still thinking about it that night and this morning.

We went to Good for brunch and I had my usual bowl of mixed fruit with vanilla yogurt, but also tried their corn arepas. They had a strong, sour flavor (maybe lime?) so next time I would probably get a side of two pancakes instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!