Water babies

I signed E up for Water Babies today. I'm not a member at this particular pool, so when I got to the front desk, I went to the receptionist rather than "Member Services."

"Oh, you can go over to Member Services," the receptionist told me after I explained I wanted to sign up for a class. In the interim, four people had formed a line at Member Services. Oh well.

The Member Services lady *loved* E. She called him "curly top" and asked him to hand her my credit card (he was gnawing on it). His ID photo features him chewing on the card (a first?).

I also met a mom and her son who would be taking the class. Her son was six months old and she said, "We've been waiting for this!" (Whereas E is 11 months old and I'm just now enrolling.) I had a flicker of guilt for not yet signing him up for SAT prep.

The Member Services lady gave the other mom the spiel about swim caps for both of you (mommy and baby).

"But he doesn't have any hair!" said Other Mom.

"He still has to wear one," said Member Services.

I tried a swim cap on E later, and I don't think he liked it. Hopefully the water will distract him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is this a swimming instruction class or is this like a survival swimming thing? My friend took her baby to a survival class where the babies learn how to turn themselves over onto their backs and float if they get into the water.
Bearette said…
They gave me a choice of "play in the water and get comfortable" or "start learning to swim", and I picked the former because it seems too early for the latter. I wonder how the babies learn to turn themselves on their backs?
This suzy said…
Why in the world do the babies need to wear swim caps? I don't get it.
Anonymous said…
You can check out the short video she posted:

http://hundredacrewood.blogspot.com/search?q=water+survival

They're not fun for the kids--purely survival training for an accidental fall in to the water.
Roxanne said…
The mental picture of all those adorable chubby babes in swim caps is almost too much for me to handle. ;)
Bearette said…
It is cute :)
Bearette said…
Kitkat - OY. I am glad I stuck to the fun class.
Hannah said…
Too bad we won't be able to see photos of cute E floating in the pool.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!