Asparagus quiche


This is a vegan asparagus quiche that I made today. I selected the recipe primarily for its size - it promised to feed 6-8. (My mom, niece and nephew are in town.) Unfortunately, it was not a big hit with the kids, but my mom and I enjoyed it. The crust (which I made from scratch) came out perfectly.

D has lost about 30 lbs, following this routine where he figures out the calories of everything he eats and works out accordingly. He discovered that the entire quiche contained 4320 calories. Scary, isn't it? And it's vegan! Imagine what the egg quiches are like.

My niece and nephew were excited (but also disturbed) to see their first "insane person." A woman was cursing and yelling at an invisible someone by her side.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No before-and-after pics of D? 30 lbs. is a pretty big accomplishment! I'm way too lazy to count calories. I know how many calories are in a serving size usually, but I can't be bothered to measure how much I'm actually eating. And I wonder why I can't drop a few pounds!

The quiche looks like a pizza. I've only had quiche once, and I hated it, but yours looks yummy.
This suzy said…
I'm supposed to do more math with carbs and proteins and such so I can match it to my insulin, but it's such a pain! I'm impressed that D can keep track of the calories so well.
Bearette said…
Kitkat - sadly, no pics.

Suzy - he uses an app on his iPhone called Lose It. It seems to work really well. I don't know if you have an iPhone, but they might have an app to track carbs and proteins...
Caro said…
Sometimes I wonder if "insane" people can see stuff the rest of us can't that is really there.

Your quiche looks delicious. Have you gone completely vegan now?

I am so grateful for vegans. Else I wouldn't have some very yummy recipes.

So funny - WV is carba
Bearette said…
Right! I wondered that, too.

I'm mostly vegan. Every once in a while I have yogurt or a cookie with some egg in it. I find vegan cooking more interesting. And tastier :)
judy in ky said…
That looks delicious! I am wondering what the kids had to eat. I have the same issue with my nieces when they come over... they are very limited in what they will eat.
Bearette said…
Yes, very finicky! My mom foresaw this and ordered a plain cheese pizza for them.
judy in ky said…
Smart woman, your mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!