So I decided to extend my stay in MA. I needed some R&R. Some updates for you:

Books: I read The School of Essential Ingredients, which I recommend to anyone who likes to read and eat. It *will* make you hungry (or at least fantasize about certain dishes - the tiramisu description - wow). I also got a cookbook from my sister (as part of the belated Christmas celebration) called La Dolce Vegan. I think I've made 3 recipes from it so far and I haven't been disappointed in any.

Pediatrician: As I may have mentioned, my pediatrician, while thoroughly competent, is somewhat lacking in the warmth and charm department. So I have an appointment with another one on Tuesday. (My current pediatrician, unnervingly, is on Facebook.)

Gadgets: I got a hand blender, which I've used to make soup. It works quite well.

Comments

blackcrag said…
An immersion blender is on my most wanted toy list. I've been using the roommates' one and it makes it so much easier. And they're so easy to clean too!

I'll look up The School of Essential Ingredients. It sounds like my kind of reading and eating.
Anonymous said…
I always see the hand blenders on You Are What You Eat (BBC America). They look quite convenient. Usually when I want to thicken up a soup, I get my potato masher out and just mash what's in there. I guess that's the ghetto way of doing it :)
Bearette said…
BC - it is a little bit girly, but very good.

Kitkat - "the ghetto way" - that made me laugh ;)
Anonymous said…
I love my immersion blender, too. It's so nice when you need to blend the soup and you can just do it there in the pot, rather than dirtying the blender or food processor.

Enjoy your R&R. :)
Bearette said…
Used it again today :)
judy in ky said…
Hi,
I miss your cuteness pictures. Hope everyone is doing fine. Enjoy the R&R.
Bearette said…
Hey Judy - I'm glad you like the pictures. Things have been a little crazy here. I'll try to put one up soon...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!