Christmas in January

So today was my belated Christmas celebration in Massachusetts. E's cousins came over and made much of him. He got an adorable Carter's sleeper with friendly blue and green dinosaurs on it - I'll try to put a picture up later. He is also the proud possessor of a new musical train, a snow globe, and other enticements. I got the Guernsey Potato Peel book and a cookbook called La Dolce Vegan, among other gifts. Now that I like cauliflower, it's like a whole new recipe world has opened up.

I'm currently finishing up a library book called Earthly Pleasures - not the most realistic book ever, but fun. It's partially set in heaven. Lately I've been enjoying library books more than purchased books, so I haven't bought many. I'm not sure why I like the library ones better - maybe it's the knowledge that I don't have to find room for them.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
Glad you're all having a good time! :) I am going to have to put that book on my list...sounds interesting!
Anonymous said…
For me, the nice thing about library books is that if I don't like the book, I haven't wasted anything except time. I'm more willing to read stuff that I'm not sure about.

You have a new love of cauliflower; I have a new love of blueberries. I didn't used to like them very much, but they are delicious in cereal!
Caro said…
I like library books better because I don't have to pay for them. (not counting late fees)
Tracy said…
I love the library... I like that I can just walk up and down the aisles and grab whatever strikes my fancy... because if it stinks, well... at least I didn't BUY it! : )

Are you still knitting? I haven't seen any knitted photos lately!
Bearette said…
Tracy - I am, but I have so much less time :( I'm doing a scarf, but progress is very, very slow.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!