Scenes from a swimming pool

So I went swimming today with D, E and our friend J. While there, I encountered someone very vigorous in my swim lane. Too vigorous, in fact. His arms nearly hit me when he was doing the crawl, and he splashed water in my face. Hard. I was annoyed and said to the woman behind him, "He's insane!" She laughed. Then a few minutes later, she pulled him aside, gave him a talking-to, and he got out of the pool. I realized she must be his girlfriend or wife, and felt embarrassed.

Then I saw her in the locker room. She was drying her bathing suit in the drying machine and started talking to me while she was stark naked. (I was dressed.) It was a little weird, so I just maintained eye contact. Turns out she remembers me swimming in the pool when I was pregnant! She doesn't have any children.

We're considering trying for another in August 2009. I must be insane because we still only have a 1-bedroom. We got invited to see a 2-bedroom apartment, but it was actually smaller than our current one, so we passed.

Comments

This suzy said…
It makes me uncomfortable just thinking about talking to a stranger who's completely naked. lol
Anonymous said…
The naked thing would freak me out too. It's not because I have a problem with nudity; it's just unexpected, even in a locker room, and especially from people who are practically strangers. I also worry when I'm around someone who's unclothed in some way that I'll get caught "looking." I, however, am completely unashamed when it comes to looking at people's various parts when they're covered with clothing. Weird.

You definitely need a bigger apartment, but the fact that you're planning on having another baby gives me hope. We've been seriously discussing having our first (I'll be 29 this year--so hard!), and I'm just so nervous about it all!
Bearette said…
kitkat - it's definitely worth it. we love him a lot and he makes us smile :) the only bad part is the sleep - even when he sleeps well, like last night, i sometimes have trouble getting enough b/c of insomnia. grr. but the rest of it - diaper changing, breastfeeding - was honestly better than i expected.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!