New skirt

So I bought a new skirt today. I was on my way to the library to fetch my copy of Elements of Style by Wendy Wasserstein, when a sale at the Gap caught my eye. I'm not much of a shopper, except where the Strand is concerned; however, I do like sales.

I picked up a black eyelet skirt and congratulated myself for not buying it a few weeks ago, when it was twice the price:



In other exciting news, my copy of Digging to America by Anne Tyler is now in transit (meaning, it should get to my branch library soon). Yay!

D and I were planning on seeing Nacho Libre this weekend but the critics gave it a mild pounding. We'll probably see it anyway. It's getting compared to Napoleon Dynamite, which I love.

In a secret, shameful way, I was planning on seeing Lake House, but it got slaughtered. Did you read on MSN about how Keanu Reaves wants to get married (though he doesn't have a bride yet)? He seems sweet.

Finally, the librarian who disapproved of my choices was working again tonight, though her supervisor waited on me. The disapproving librarian was fighting back tears, telling her supervisor, "I'm tired of friction with the patrons...they act like my brain is stupid...I told them, the computer's frozen, and they're like, can't you do something about it?" The supervisor just said to her, "Sorry, I wish I could help ya" and added, "Have a nice night now" to me.

I feel bad for the disapproving librarian now. I think D is right, she didn't know she was being inappropriate.

Comments

Roxanne said…
I LOVE that skirt. Don't you just love when you can "time" your purchase and get a good deal?

I feel sorry for that library clerk too. It sounds like she has more going on than just an unawareness of social inappropriateness (was that confusing?).
Bearette said…
Not confusing at all. She probably has a persecution complex and all kinds of stuff.

Thanks re the skirt! I love it too. I thought about getting it in white also. But black is just better somehow.
Lisa said…
Cute skirt!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Wasserstein novel.
This suzy said…
I like the skirt! :)
Bearette said…
Lisa - thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think I can get into Wendy's book :( I was up till 3 last night finishing The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty - fabulous - and then opened Wendy's book and it just seemed flat.

Suzy - thanks :)
verniciousknids said…
Funky skirt...and methinks the librarian is in a funk!
sage said…
i don't know wasserstein, but everyone should have a copy of Strunk and White's "Elements of Style" your librarian may have even approved. Congratulations on getting the skirt on sale.
Bearette said…
VK - I'd have to agree ;)

Sage - i already have that one, thanks :)
Elsa said…
I like the skirt!

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Digging to America as this book is on my list of books to get. It sounds pretty interesting and generally like Anne Tyler's "stuff".

My sister went to see Nacho Libre and said it was alright - but nothing spectacular.
Bearette said…
Thanks :) Anne Tyler is probably my #1 favorite, though I have a feeling this book is a little different from her others. I still want to see Nacho Libre, but it was sold out last night!
Anonymous said…
Maybe the librarian will realize that it's not pleasant when people are mean, and she'll stop being mean also. One can only hope!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!