The worst part of parenting...

...is cutting baby nails. I remember when E was born, somebody (probably my mother) told me, "You're going to have to cut his nails." I thought, are you kidding? Clipping those tiny nails would be like plucking a hair from a worm. I managed to get out of it with E - my mother did it that first time, with scissors (that's what all the '70s moms did), and afterward I just kind of peeled them off (like I usually do with my own).

That's not an option with Z, who has strong, sharp nails that can't be peeled. And she likes to use them. I saw a network of scratches on my chest; she likes to rake her nails there when she nurses. Fearing I would scar, I had D hold her hands still while I clipped. Hopefully her scratches will hurt less now.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
it is truly awful! hope you aren't clawed up tomw
Bearette said…
healing up a little :)
judy in ky said…
It sounds like what we have to do with our cats!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!