A blog post in two parts

In the Austen nerd category: I finished All Roads Lead to Austen and loved it. Left me with an interest in Chile and Argentina as well. Maybe someday I will go to Buenos Aires...who knows. Then I started re-reading Sense and Sensibility. (I re-read S&S, Pride & Prejudice and Emma every few years. This is my first time reading them in Kindle editions. Sometimes I re-read Persuasion, too.) Right now S&S is hitting the spot. I loved the Ang Lee film version with Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman.

In the True Confessions category: I would love to find a gentle way to get Z less attached during the daytime. The amount of stuff I can do with one hand is limited. Suggestions?

P.S. I know, about 300 miles north of here, a woman is sitting in her computer chair, shaking her head and thinking, I told you so. I have to note that having Z so attached to me is not unpleasant...she is probably my last baby, after all, and we are planning to send her to E's school, which is lovely, when she is two (they have a very short session for two-year-olds at his school, and that class is adorable). But, till then, some GENTLE separation tactics would be at least partially welcome...practically speaking.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
I'm struggling to try to think of some advice but I don't have any from experience. Wally would barely tolerate anyone holding him at 2 months so that physical attachment issue wasn't there in the same way although the all-you-can-drink all nighters were I guess. Maybe that was a cold turkey phase out. Isn't it weird, how ever with recent stuff, it's all a blur? Maybe b/c of the sleep-deprived state of things

I'm kind of a believer in channeling what the experience would be like if you DID have more kids...for example, if you were about to have a newborn this fall, then Z would naturally be relegated to background...
Bearette said…
i'm guessing when she starts to walk it will get easier...my tactic right now is to put her down and let her sit near something fun...she seems to like that...
Rachel Federman said…
true - i'd guess they 'd learn to walk faster, too, if left to their own devices (but maybe that's not true either, maybe it's just hard wired, not sure)
Bearette said…
It's funny, she seems to want to walk...she can take a few steps now if one of us holds her hands

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!