Sometimes I really just don't know what time it is. I thought Z had awoken at some obscene hour but it turned out to be 6 am-ish. So I decided to do some writing - here initially, then on my new project - book about a middle-aged romance (with some complications of course) and a flight to Brazil. I got a Lonely Planet Rio de Janeiro guide so I could get a feel for the place.

Yesterday I took Z for a walk around the reservoir in Central Park. It's a decent walk, I forget how long, but not a trifle. I hadn't done it in several years. Embarrassingly, I was not able to finish - well, I could have if someone was chasing me with a gun - but in the absence of duress, I gave up about 3/4 of the way through. I don't know if it was old age or the fact that Z was in the carrier. As Mick Jagger says, "What a drag it is getting old."

Comments

Rachel said…
It's tiring lugging that thing around!! I think it's great you walked as much as you did. Also great that you wrote in the morning (instead of say, checking FB. ...I am just on this anti-FB crusade lately! I feel like a different person, having gotten off it).

Can't wait to read about Rio.

Looking forward to hearing about the other novel, too.
Bearette said…
from the travel guide it seems kind of similar to miami...

i wish i could take even a day off fb sometime, but i haven't the strength :)
Rachel Federman said…
you did it for a while though, didn't you?
Bearette said…
Yeah, but in the very beginning...shortly after i signed up...before i got hooked

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!