Shortly after I posted my last entry, I got some good news. A literary agent (I won't name names, but she was the agent for a famous series) wants to see our whole manuscript (the one a friend and I wrote). THE WHOLE THING. Blew our minds. Of course she could still say no. But it just feels so flattering, and good, that she wanted to read the whole thing, instead of just saying no to the query letter or offering to read a couple of chapters. We both actually felt a bit sick. I walked in the rambles today and calmed down. (That's an area in Central Park with a lake and lots of little boats. Very picturesque.)

Comments

judy in ky said…
I did not know you were writing a book. Should I have known? I don't remember you mentioning it. Anyway, this is so exciting! I hope it works out for you. Can you say what it's about?
Bearette said…
Thanks! Here's the plot synopsis from our query letter:

In the story, Shelley Mulroney is a single mother living with her three-year-old daughter in Chelsea's posh London Terrace. Her days in the playroom are bleak until she gets involved with a handsome playroom dad who plays cello on the Highline. His wife is having an affair with Lars, the director of Shelley's play; meanwhile, Lars is taking an unusual interest in Shelley's development as a playwright. Tensions rise among the gossiping playroom moms, but something more sinister appears to be lurking around the elegant neighborhood where threatening phone calls abound, children disappear and Lars appears to be increasingly unhinged.
Lisa said…
Congrats! Keep us posted.
This Suzy said…
That's so cool! :-)
Orange Drummer said…
I am so excited for you two.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!