Went to the ob/gyn today...now I'm 3 centimeters. She's convinced labor will be easy for me this time. I am taking it all with a grain of salt. I would love for her to be right. But who knows? She says the pushing will probably take 20 minutes to an hour this time (instead of 3 hours). That would be nice.

At the supermarket, the cashiers went beyond asking about twins (this is now to be expected) and started predicting the weight of the baby...I am not even kidding. They settled on 9 lbs, 7 oz. The doctor says 8 or 9 lbs. I guess the whole thing is teaching me patience. I have been dealing with these remarks since July.

Right now I have nothing fantastic to read. I loved Jeffrey Eugenides' The Marriage Plot. Better than Middlesex, if you ask me. Just so funny and real. I also liked Falling Together, Nightwoods and, although it was flawed, The Taste of Salt.

Comments

You are at 3 cm.??? when I was at 2 cm. I was already doing the 'fast' breathing! lol.. seriously...My friend was at 2 and was so at ease- she preferred the Bradley method.. I was amazed how calm she was... two different reactions- calm and me doing the 'he-he's' like a madman!. I believe your doctor is right!. You probably have dropped alot?
Bearette said…
I got up to 5 cm with Eric before I even went into labor :) But the labor with him was still difficult.
btw, i love the color of those mittens... it didn't load before otherwise I would of said something...:-) 5 cm??? OMG!.
Bearette said…
Me too :) Orange has really grown on me. Yeah, I was 5 cm two days before I went into labor...
BabelBabe said…
we are reading the same thing. i liked Nightwoods but cant seem to finish Falling Together. did just read and really like WIlliam Nicholson's I Could Love You.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!