So I went to the doctor today. I had all these noble goals of not gaining as much weight in this pregnancy as I did with E, but I'm only 5 lbs behind my maximum weight with him. Oh well. The baby is moving around like a champ and I am 2 cm dilated, but the doctor said, "Your cervix is way the hell back" so she doesn't see me going into labor anytime soon. She said I could go slightly earlier than with E, because second babies are like that.

My replacement Kindle arrived. It didn't cost much (it's not the fancy new Kindle Fire, I have no desire to watch TV on it anyway) and it's 30% lighter than the other one. I am grateful for my reading glasses, though, because electronics break down! A friend brought up the possibility that the need for reading glasses is related to my pregnancy. I forgot to ask the doctor. It will be interesting to see if I no longer need them after I give birth.

Comments

Your friend may be right.. When I was pregnant w/the first, I had to make up my own saline solution because I became allergic to the solution while I was preggers.. Afterwards, I went back to buying saline.... oh, did u get a protective cover for your Kindle? It may save u next time if you should spill or drop....
Bearette said…
Not yet...good idea though.
judy in ky said…
My husband took our Kindle out of town with him, so yesterday I went and bought a Nook! (The small, simple one.)
Bearette said…
How does it compare? I am liking the new Kindle so far.
BabelBabe said…
I am almost certainly decided on the basic Nook. do the ads bug you at all? also, I would attribute any weirdness physically to pregnancy - it wreaks havoc on our bodies. but you will go back to being tiny just like before...you're small boned :)
BabelBabe said…
I meant the basic Kindle.
Bearette said…
No, actually, the ads don't bother me. I don't know why. They're kind of unobtrusive.
judy in ky said…
So far, I have not seen a big difference between the Nook and the Kindle. You just buy the books from Barnes and Noble instead of Amazon.
Roxanne said…
I can hardly wait to see your new bundle of joy!!!! Just think of all that long black, curly hair you'll get to play with. Haha!
Bearette said…
But E was born practically bald :) The curly hair takes longer to grow in...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!