So the last of E's playdates was today. It will be interesting to see what happens. Each playdate was very different. The first one was actually called a "family meeting" and just involved us walking through the school with E and the head of admissions, then meeting the director of the school.

The second one was a "stress playdate," where the head of admissions and some other stone-faced woman frowned and took notes the whole time as the children were basically expected to perform like show ponies.

The third one (today) was somewhere in between; there seemed to be some observation and assessment, with the director commenting on how quickly E completed his puzzles. It seems like E is smart, but not a joiner. He does his own thing and does it fast and well, but doesn't seem terribly interested in following the crowd. It didn't seem to bother this director. At school #2, they really like lemmings, I think.

Anyway, it's over. And I for one am very grateful.

Comments

This Suzy said…
Glad it all went okay! How soon do you find out how it all went?
Bearette said…
Thanks! It's some date in March, I am not sure of the day. The letters go out then...
judy in ky said…
It sounds like an ordeal to me. I'm with E, I have never been much of a joiner either.
Bearette said…
Neither am I :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!