Philly pictures

As requested, here are the pictures from my Philly trip.


This was a street near our hotel...I thought it looked rather French.


This red taxi surprised me...every cab is yellow in New York.

E at Little Pete's Diner with his new stacking, numbered cups (a gift from the hotel). He loves chanting the numbers and making towers...not sure why he looks so serious.

The museum! As you can see, the stairs are no joke.

Buddha, viewed from the side.

A Monet I've never seen before.

A Monet I've seen before. Pretty, isn't it?

A statue of an elephant and its child at the Philadelphia Zoo (which is apparently the oldest zoo in the country).

A tiger taking a nap. Just like a big, fluffy kitten.

A peacock, strolling freely through the grounds. It did sport a white tag on its ankle.

A polar bear heading toward an apple. He's about to eat it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the zoo shots. The peacock reminds me of two things: the peacock that roams Rich's campus (it's the mascot) and these ducks we saw waddling around Sea World (we weren't sure if they were residents).
judy in ky said…
I'm so happy you posted the photos! The first one is the very street where I used to work... Locust Street! That's the Curtis Institute of Music on the right. I used to walk past there on my lunch hour and hear music when the windows were open. And you were standing right in front of Rittenhouse Square, one of my favorite spots!
I never got tired of walking around in town!
Bearette said…
I'm impressed that you recognized the street. We stayed at the Rittenhouse hotel. They had a toy chest for the children, and let E pick the stackable cups from it...
judy in ky said…
You should see Rittenhouse Square in the spring and summer... it's really nice. Sometimes students come over from the Curtis Institute and play noontime concerts.
E is looking so grown up!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!