The little things

It's amazing how small things can make a difference. For the past few days, I've been on a quest for the perfect pair of sneakers. Finally, I realized that I was in denial about my foot width. My feet have gotten wider and there's just no getting round it. So I'm wearing a pair of wide New Balance shoes, and my feet are happy.

Another good thing is the spectacular weather. The sun showed its almost-forgotten face and the snow seems to be behind us (although there is a rumor of a dusting next week, which I will just choose to ignore).

The decision letters from E's preschool will be mailed on March 1st. I think he will get into at least one. If not, we will come up with creative solutions. The main benefit of getting into preschool is that we wouldn't have to go through this rigmarole again for kindergarten. But, whatever. We'll survive.

And I'm reading a very good book, The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. It's about the three daughters of a Shakespeare scholar, and the meaning of "weird" is taken from Macbeth - slightly supernatural, linked to the notion of fate. Each sister is struggling with her destiny in some way. It's interesting.

Comments

judy in ky said…
I'm glad you mentioned the book. After I read your comments about it I looked it up and I think I would like it.
We had a mention of snow in our forecast for next week too. I like your attitude.. ignore it.
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you found shoes you liked, but have you tried Keen? They seem like they allow for a wider foot, especially in the toe.
Bearette said…
Are those the shoes with the distinct toes you mentioned on your blog?
Bearette said…
Judy - we actually got some flurries today. They ended quickly, though.
BabelBabe said…
have you read the new Alice Hoffman?
Bearette said…
I tried, but it had this weird Clan of the Cave Bear vibe - the heroine was killing rabbits, living in nature, etc. I usually love her stuff, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!