Hazy shade of winter

So E and I are sick at the same time. Serves us right for being social :( We took him to a birthday party on Saturday, and I accompanied him to a music class on Monday. Both occasions were chock-full of sick little kids. At the music class, one child went up to the guitarist and fiddled with the knobs on her guitar. The guitarist sang, "Please don't do that, it will make my guitar sound funny; oh well, too late." I found out that she is an opera singer. She doesn't have an imposing presence, though; very down-to-earth and sweet.

I'm finishing up The Swan Thieves and I'm a little sad about it. It was a nice, long book to get immersed in. The rest of the books in my pile are: Drinking Closer to Home by Jessica Anya Blau, The Red Garden (Alice Hoffman's newest), and The God of the Hive (the most recent entry in the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series).

Comments

judy in ky said…
I'm sorry that you and E are sick. I've been sick too. There are so many sick kids here that they closed one school to stop the spread of it. Every time I'm with my nieces and one of them has the sniffles I know I'm going to end up sick!
Feel better!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Judy!
BabelBabe said…
you might like Kate Morton - nice long story-filled novels. perfect for sick reading.
Bearette said…
I've been considering her for a while...maybe i should go read one.
Anonymous said…
Yes, do feel better soon! After hearing all kinds of stories from friends with children, I'm annoyed when people bring their kids to social gatherings when they know they're sick.
This Suzy said…
Hope you both feel better soon!
Bearette said…
Thanks :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!