So I survived E's first preschool interview. It was very different from most interviews I've experienced. At first, the director just told us about the school at an exhaustive level of detail. She was clearly very passionate about it and very involved. When we toured the classrooms, the children knew her by name and came running up to her. They were all cute and spirited, yet well-behaved. The teachers seemed to have a lot of control over the class, but without yelling or losing their cool. No one was neglected and everyone seemed happy.

One thing was interesting. I think the director was very observant. At one point, she asked which hand E uses for various activities. She said, "You use your left, which one does he use?" That startled and impressed me. I'm not sure how she could tell I was a lefty, I didn't write anything in front of her. Anyway, I told her my mom thinks E is a righty, but when she asked me more questions, I realized he uses both hands for most things.

Comments

When my 3 were in school, the teacher would give out Student of the Month- either it went to citizenship, best writing, etc... I learned later on that it was a self esteem booster and that they try to give it out to each child... After I heard that, I did not think much of that award since it wasn't that special and that maybe my child did not have the best writing of the month or that he/she was not the best citizen...I think that if the child knew that everyone ended up w/an award, I wonder if they would feel a bit disillusioned?
blackcrag said…
Ambidexterity is cool. I don't know anyone who is though. But the thought of being able to write with either hand, chop food or stir with either hand, basically, alwasy having a hand free, is neat.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!