It's that time again...

So we're headed to New England on Wednesday, taking the wee one on the train. Coloring books are a wonderful invention. I was a shameless slacker with Christmas shopping this year. I made two gifts, bought some others, and have one remaining to buy! I'm planning to get it in Massachusetts.

Am reading An Irish Country Courtship by Patrick Taylor. One of those leisurely Irish sagas. I am enjoying it. It is set in northern Ireland, which is a little unusual, but in the 1960s (no unrest then, I think). The cool thing about discovering a series is that you then have a whole bunch of "new" books to read.

Also on my pile: Skippy Dies (I don't like the title, but it's been recommended), Matched (one of those dystopia books I keep reading despite myself, but this one seems gentle), The False Friend, and a nonfiction book about the "silk road" (an ancient trade route through Europe, Asia, Afghanistan, etc.; totally not something I would usually read, but it looks interesting and well-written).

What are you doing for the holidays?

Comments

judy in ky said…
As usual, I am playing "Santa" for my three nieces. My sister buys their gifts, then gives them to me to keep at my house so they can't find them. I wrap them in special "Santa" paper, then deliver them to her house on Christmas eve while they are at church (no, I don't come down the chimney!). I sneak them into the basement so she can get them out after they are asleep.
This may not go on for too many more years, because they are now 13, 11 and 9! Recently, one of them asked her "Is Aunt Judy Santa Claus?". I think they are on to me!
Have a wonderful time in Massachusetts!
Bearette said…
Yes, it sounds like they are catching on! Thanks. I hope you have a great Christmas.
Bearette said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!