Black Swan

So I saw Black Swan today, and the theater was packed (at 2:30 pm on a Tuesday afternoon). It was really good. It was also not what I expected. I thought it would be a ridiculous, fun ballet movie, with a little catty rivalry thrown in for kicks. Wrong. It was very intense, one of the most gripping movies I've seen in a long time. There were a few campy moments, but I think they were thrown in for comic relief.

It reminded me a bit of Rosemary's Baby - the mounting sense of paranoia, are they ganging up on her, or is it really in her head? But it was really its own creation. One thing I thought was really cool about it was that there was no mundanity. In real life, the mundane is inevitable, but all these characters avoided it.

Comments

This Suzy said…
I'm curious to see it at some point. I read a review of it last week and it talked about how intense it was, and how things kind of get blurred so you don't know what's real and what's not.

(My word verification is "menses." LOL)
Bearette said…
Hehe ;)

Yes, I kind of had to guess which parts were real and which were imagined. Which kind of added to the mystery...
Pauline said…
I would also like to see this movie, it looks great! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!