Getting some culture

I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today. I can't believe I've never been there before. Part of it is, it's not close to me at all. To get there, I have to walk to the east side, then take a fairly long subway ride. But it was worth it. The building itself was enormous and beautiful. Inside, there were many, many lovely pieces of art. I kept getting lost and ending up in the Greek/Roman and French Impressionist sections...but maybe those are just the ones I liked best.

Then I came home and popped a white bean gratin in the oven.

Comments

Laura said…
I love the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My aunt lives in NYC and the last time I visited her (more than four years ago!) we went three times in the span of two weeks. I am glad you made the trip and enjoyed it.
Bearette said…
Thanks! I would definitely like to go again.
This Suzy said…
It's true how we never go see the things that are in our own cities! I'd love to go to the Met sometime, but I guess I need to get to NY first.
BabelBabe said…
it's like a short story. flash fiction.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!