So I'm knitting a sweater and a tank top. They are both going to take a while - the sweater is, well, a sweater, and the tank top has TWELVE INCHES OF RIBBING on SIZE FIVE NEEDLES. So, yeah. When I am finished, or closer to finished, I'll put up some pictures.

Books. I know you like them. I just finished Arm Candy by Jill Kargman. I enjoyed it a lot. She's a really fun author who describes herself as a "trashy novelist" on Facebook, but she's smart too. Went to Yale, blah blah. Anyway, she's one of those people who writes books that are more meaningful than they seem. She's also funny, with lots of snappy dialogue and New York moments. So if you're looking for a light book that also has a Message (kind of), I recommend it.

Comments

Crystal said…
Adding this to my Goodreads list... :)
Bearette said…
It's fun. I think you will like it :)
G said…
I want to learn to knit! Did you teach yourself? If not, how did you learn?
Bearette said…
I took a class at a yarn store in 2007. The store has since closed, but I'm still knitting :)
Anonymous said…
I really like the sweater, although I think I'd love it if the sleeves were short or non-existent. So cute.

By the way, remember when I said I think I get into a knitting slump in the summer? Well, I think I found my summer niche: dishcloths. I've never actually made any, but I'm knitting my first one today. I was inspired by meeting a fellow knitter who said, "Nothing washes dishes like hand-knitted dishcloths."
Bearette said…
It's funny you say that - a friend knit me a dishcloth once, so i have that one, but i have never knit one myself. I don't know if i could bring myself to use it after all that work :)

A lot of people on Ravelry felt the same way you did - they turned it into a vest or short-sleeved sweater. I guess the sleeves are the least fun part of a sweater.
Anonymous said…
Full sweaters are a big commitment--both wearing them and knitting them. With my current climate, a full sweater is rarely necessary or practical.

As for dishcloths, I'll have to remind myself (and whomever I give them to) that they are quick and cheap to knit, so there's no harm in using the heck out of them.
Lisa said…
Dishcloths are one of my favorite projects---quick, cheap, and meant for dirty work so I don't have to worry if I mess up. I also use them to practice new patterns or techniques. And they really do clean better than any store-bought cloth or scrubber.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!