Here's a knitting picture for you:


This is my Cherie Amour sweater from Knitty, a few issues back. I stayed up way too late last night watching Same Time, Next Year. I really enjoyed it. It traced the lives of an unorthodox couple (Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn) from 1951 to 1976. Unorthodox because they were both married with 6 kids "between us," as Alda put it. They would meet once a year at an inn in California, and the movie included footage from famous news events between each meeting so the audience would be immersed in the times.

It was interesting to see how Ellen and Alan changed yet stayed fundamentally the same. My only complaint was how they played a song in the beginning for about 10 minutes instead of showing their first interaction with each other. You could see their mouths moving, but not hear what they were saying, because of the song.

Oh! And Ellen Burstyn always, always reminds me of my mother. I'm not sure why. If you're reading, I hope that doesn't bother you :)

Comments

judy in ky said…
I loved that movie. I have always liked Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn. Your mom must be pretty cool.
You are an amazing knitter!
Bearette said…
Thanks! She is :) I'm wondering now if I should see Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore...have you seen it?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!