This is the fastest recipe ever, and just as good as it is quick:
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 c water
1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c grated unsweetened coconut (although you can use the sweetened variety, too)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan or soup pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Break up the block of spinach with a fork, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir well before serving. I like to serve it with jasmine rice.
(from Lorna Sass's Short-Cut Vegetarian)

In other news, E and I survived the pediatrician visit today. I ended up spending almost two hours in there, which was annoying. But he handled the blood test (every 1-year-old in NYC has to have a blood test, to check for lead) and the shots better than expected. I forgot the Tylenol, so initially I was worried. But he only cried briefly, because there were plenty of people to flirt with.

Comments

judy in ky said…
Your little E is such a charmer. I'm glad there was no major trauma.
Bearette said…
Me too! The nurse felt bad about giving him the shots.
Poppy said…
I would omit coconut milk (it's too sweet to my tongue) and spinach (too healthy :) but otherwise that sounds soooooo delicious!
Caro said…
Yummy sounding recipe.

Go E. You're a trooper.
Hannah said…
Just when I was wondering what to make for dinner. Thanks! I'm glad E made it out o.k. with his shots.:)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!