The moving process has begun! I'm camped out at my SIL's apartment, feeding E bits of orange and watching him have a blast with SIL's exercise balls. D is supervising the movers, who are all wearing cheery orange shirts. I wondered if they make one in a baby size, but I didn't ask. They were upbeat and cheerful when they came in, and then they clicked into action. Faster than you could say, "Where's the crap?", it was all packed away.

SIL has a gorgeous view of the Hudson River. I had a horrible night's sleep, due to electrical repairs taking place on the street not far below our windows (very noisy, and E woke up AFTER it stopped - maybe he was like, "Where's my backdrop?"). When I woke up, the bags under my eyes -- you could put groceries in them. But now I feel more awake and hopeful. Our new apartment is on a much higher floor (almost at the top of the building) so we shouldn't hear much street noise. And hopefully we won't see Gladys (our name for the roach who appeared periodically at the old apartment. We killed her whenever we were able to; however, she is Gladys in all her incarnations.). 

Comments

This suzy said…
I hope all the moving goes well! It must be nice to leave even the packing to someone else - that's one of the things I hate most about moving.

And I love the name of the moving company!
Anonymous said…
Having someone else pack you up is certainly convenient, but it's a little nerve wracking too. I imagine your lack of sleep wasn't entirely due to the noise. You'd think with the number of times I've moved, it wouldn't stress me out much, but it always takes its toll.

Good luck with moving day!
Bearette said…
Yeah, maybe. I remember I had trouble sleeping the night before we were scheduled to see the apartment, too. How do you like CA?
Anonymous said…
Everything is great so far! The weather is a little odd. It's deceptively cool. I love that we have cool stores like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and that the restaurants serve good food (unlike where we lived before). I also love that we live in a place that tourists actually want to visit :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!