The case of the missing book

So I have an ARC coming my way from LibraryThing.com. A fellow from the publisher left a comment for me at LibraryThing on June 5, saying he had just mailed it. We went to Massachusetts on June 12, and ended up extending our stay.

As of June 12, the book had not yet arrived. Typically it comes right to your door. I was diligently checking both the old apartment and the new (they are all of three blocks apart). No dice. So I hope when I get back to New York, it will be sitting outside the new apartment. If not, I have to go to the old apartment and check with the next-door neighbor, who just might have taken it under her wing.

You may ask: which address did LibraryThing have? I changed my address to reflect the move before I got the email from the publisher. So I assume he had the right address. But you never know.

Comments

judy in ky said…
Another one of the joys of moving. I hope you find the book... or, it finds you!
Bearette said…
thanks, judy. i hope so too!
BabelBabe said…
something in the air - I ordered two books from Persephone - ordered same day, mailed same day. One got here a week ago, still waiting on the second. What the heck? Is the USPS eating novels?
Bearette said…
yeah, i'm starting to wonder...still not there.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!