Who says New York doesn't have foliage?

The view from our living room window:
Last night was not the best. E is generally sleeping 8 hours a night, but last night he did about 6, and D came to bed much later than me, waking me up, and then snoring a little (though he flipped on his side, which solved the problem). I really would not mind sleeping for, like, a week. Or a day.

I got my roots done yesterday (some gray was coming in again) and I have to say, having your hair washed by someone else is deeply relaxing. I nearly drifted off then and there. Though the hair-washing girl seemed to take my decision not to get the "treatment" (post-color application that smells like chemical berries and makes me sneeze, and also costs $25) personally. The hairdresser, by contrast, was sympathetic to the whole allergy issue.

Am reading a good book - The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry. The somewhat ominous title just refers to slicing onions.

Comments

blackcrag said…
I read that book! I liked it. Unfortunately, it reawoke my desire to go to cooking school, which I really have no money for nor two years of my life to dedicate to... so far.
Bearette said…
I'm liking it, too, except for all the gory meat descriptions. Maybe you can go later? After all, Julia Child started late, I think.
blackcrag said…
See, I just got hungry reading those bits. I suggest you don't read Heat then. The author, Bill Buford, goes to Tuscany to learn how to be a buthcer.
Anonymous said…
You still have leaves on your trees? What's that like??

Maybe it's because I go to cheap places to get my hair cut, but the hairwashing part is my least favorite. My neck always ends up feeling like it's going to snap with my head tilted back like that. Then again, I've never been a fan of having people touch my hair. I'm weird like that.
Bearette said…
BC - yeah, I'll be avoiding that one.

Kit - this is the first non-cheap salon I've frequented, and the difference is huge.
BabelBabe said…
hey, i am reading Rebecca Flowers' Nice to Come Home To and it strikes me as a book you might enjoy. You have similar writing styles, too.
Bearette said…
i loved that one!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!