So we went to Philly yesterday with the wee one. He was very tickled by the conductor's announcement on the way back - namely, that we were passing through Trenton. Apparently, Trenton is very funny! He ended up laughing for about half an hour, because I rubbed my head against his tummy. A tween sitting in front of us was making a video of him with her cell phone. Also, a man took a picture of him through the window at a diner, and a woman seated at the counter at the same diner was taking shots of him. It's a little unnerving.

I *still* feel a little guilty about E's circumcision, but D's cousin's husband told me a story that put my mind at ease. He said his friend wasn't circumcised, and is too afraid to do it now, but he wishes it had been done when he was a baby. I told him how E has a new habit of grabbing his man parts in the bath and digging his nails in a little. I trim his talons religiously, but his poor man parts still get a bit red.

D's cousin's husband: He's going to be tough!

Me (changing topic without segue): And he's huge!

D's cousin's husband: Really!

Of course, I just meant E's size in general. He is almost 6 months old and wearing 12-month clothing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought of you whilst in the city this weekend! I actually saw a guy who looked like D (from your photos anyway).

I can just imagine the look on the cousin's husband's face when you said that. Priceless.
Roxanne said…
Hee!

So *is* he huge? No really, don't answer that. ;)

He is a big boy though. Just proof that you're doing something right. :)

Nate used to get an inordinate amount of attention because of his hair. Mostly from little old ladies, but still it was unnerving at times.
Bearette said…
Kitkat - interesting!

Roxanne - I can see them liking the red hair.
judy in ky said…
It sounds like your wee one is a little charmer, and is destined to make friends everywhere he goes.
This suzy said…
Oh my gosh. I had to cover my mouth and hold my breath to keep from busting out laughing - AT WORK - when I read that conversation!! That's just hilarious!

As far as people taking pictures of E... well, I guess I'd find that unnerving, but I guess that's better than people giving you crap because he's pitching a fit, right? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!