So I took the e-babe (as my mom calls him) to a sandwich shop today. I figured I could make a quick getaway if he melted down. It went without incident, though I got some food on the outside of the Ergo carrier. You win some, you lose some.

Next week is E's lunch with two babies, my friend, and the girl I haven't met yet. It will be at the same sandwich shop. That same week, I have my 6-week postnatal appointment where I will find out potentially good/bad news such as how much I weigh and if I am ready to step up my exercise level. I've been walking and doing gentle Pilates, but I'd like to get back into yoga and swimming. I can do the yoga at home, but I will need a "swim buddy" to hold E in a deck chair by the pool (indoors, out of the sun) while I swim for 20-30 minutes. Fortunately, the pool is very baby-friendly and my SIL may be up for the job, and D sometimes might be too, though he prefers biking to swimming.

Comments

G said…
Don't sweat the weight. I am 3 months past delivering and have about 8-10 pounds left to lose...but it is slowly coming off!!! Your doc will likely tell you to "resume normal activity" - haha!
Bearette said…
Hee...is "normal activity" a euphemism?

I think I've lost a bunch of weight (bought my first non-maternity clothes today!) but I'm not sure how much. And who likes stepping on a scale?
BabelBabe said…
do you have one of those car seats that is a little baskety carrier that then clips into a base in the car or into the stroller? Because you can clip him into that and set it on the floor not too near the pool and he should be ok for a bit...or any stroller-y thiing.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!