Root vegetable soup

I'm making a root vegetable soup from the Times. 6 tbsp butter, onion, celery...saute...then add 3 branches of rosemary, 3 cloves garlic, 2 bay leaves, 3 1/2 cups root vegetables cut in 1-inch chunks, 2 tsp salt, pepper and 7-8 cups of water. For the root vegetables, you can use any combination of sweet potato, potato, parsnips, carrots, turnips and/or rutabaga. I ended up using sweet potato, parsnips and carrots. You bring to a boil, simmer for 30-40 minutes, take out the rosemary branches and puree with an immersion blender. Then you can add the juice from half a lemon and a little more salt if you want.


Now I'm wondering whether to puree it or not. I'll leave it for now.

Update: I pureed it but left chunks. One of the best soups I've made.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
Do you have one of those immersion blenders?
Bearette said…
Yeah, it's great, you just put it right in the soup pot, no more pouring it into a blender...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!