The plague

So the plague has been sweeping through our apartment - but we are all getting different versions. First I had a flu-type plague (chills, fever, congestion). Then D had a bathroom plague. Now E has a vomiting/bathroom plague. It seems to have passed over - but strep and pinkeye are taking over his classroom. E seems immune to pinkeye (famous last words) but has had strep without symptoms several times (passing it to D and me).

OY!

Saturday we have to go to the post office, en famille, to get E and Z's passports. I guess the presence of both parents is necessary to make sure no one is being kidnapped. What a pain in the a**. It is infinitely harder to get passports for a minor than for yourself. What's more, the handy passport coordinator was dwelling on driver's licenses. I told him I didn't have one. He said, "Do you have a passport? Is it valid?" Yes. Yes. So that was fine. What's up with their website, then, saying a driver's license was good enough and a passport wasn't? It's enough to make your head spin.

(As a side note - I considered putting up a picture of the little girl from The Exorcist whose head spins. But the image is just too disturbing, even for a 1970s film that has largely slid into camp.)

Comments

judy in ky said…
Years ago, I was reading "The Exorcist". It freaked me out so badly that I kicked the book under the bed so I couldn't see it. I never did see the movie.
Poppy said…
Feel better, family!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!