So I'm trying to get passports for the kids. We're thinking of going to Cancun for E's winter break. I've never been to Mexico before, and I was looking forward to it. But getting passports is a b***h! I gathered up E's and Z's social security cards and birth certificates (an accomplishment in itself) and located a rush passport service (we had to hold on to E's birth certificate for a while, which is another story for another time). I also have to get 2X2 photos of them taken at CVS, which seems a little ludicrous because Z is only one, but whatever. The sticking point is...they want ID for the parents as well, and a passport is apparently NOT ENOUGH. And I currently have no license (yet another story).

P.S. My mother came to the rescue, mailing my birth certificate and social security card. Also, D thinks the rush passport service is wrong about the requirements, because he thinks the state department will accept a passport as parental ID. However, I want to meet the rush passport service's requirements, because they can do it faster than the government.

Comments

This Suzy said…
What a pain!! Gov't forms and paperwork are never easy.
Bearette said…
Yeah, and this service claims to "expedite" it for you! Turns out that just means you get the passport faster, after still doing a ton of work. Grr...oh well. Glad my mom had the forms for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!