I'm feeling nostalgic for a bike ride I used to take. I haven't used my bike since before I got pregnant with Zoe. I didn't want to ride while I was pregnant, and since then we've been pretty much attached at the hip. But someday, when she starts going to preschool, I plan to ride my bike on a regular basis again.

Anyway, this ride involved leaving my hometown, Danvers, and going to Topsfield, which was pretty rural and had a fancy cul-de-sac, William Fairfield Road, where I used to walk my dog and daydream about living (never happened). The bike path was hilly and thick with trees. Eventually it turned into a road, which was pretty deserted. You'd go through Amesbury and a series of tiny towns. Then, if you persevered for twenty miles, you were in Gloucester. Good Harbor Beach. The summer I turned 18, I had a lot of energy and I did this ride (forty miles round trip) on a regular basis. Once I went with a friend. I remember when we got to the beach, she fell asleep on the sand. I wonder if I could even do that ride now. I like the Hudson River bike path, but that is much shorter.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
Wow - that ride sounds absolutely amazing. I miss falling asleep on the beach, too.

BTW, have you given up your nightly walk, also? That's how I first remember seeing you.
Bearette said…
No, i actually took one last night! Probably not every night, but a few times a week...
Rachel Federman said…
oh good - glad you haven't abandoned it completely

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!