So E started school yesterday. It's in a beautiful location, right near Central Park. And there is no "iron curtain" like at the old school. I can go right in the classroom to drop him off or pick him up. The teachers seem to love him already (all these preschools have multiple teachers, which I don't remember from my youth. I had a terrifying nun at my Catholic preschool, then a sweet teacher at Living & Learning, but I don't remember either of them having assistants).

I'm still a bit of an outsider as the "new kid," which I have no experience with (I was never a new kid until college, and everybody else was too, so it really didn't count). However, they are all very nice. We have been invited to two birthday parties already, and a "pajama morning" at the school.

Z is getting plumper. She has dimples at the base of each knuckle. On the subway last night, we met a man named Nilesh from Mumbai. He let Z play with his luggage tag and asked how to get to 1st and 42nd. We all gave him the same answer (the subway can be pretty social during rush hour), but he seemed a little doubtful. Hopefully he got there.

Comments

judy in ky said…
I miss the sociability of the train. Always meeting some interesting people. E's new school sounds great. He's growing up so fast.
I had terrifying nuns, too. I have to admit I crossed the street to avoid them when I saw them coming toward me.
Bearette said…
Judy - that's awesome. I wonder how much psychological damage is caused by nuns.
judy in ky said…
A lot, I think. When I was a kid I heard that becoming a nun was a "calling from God". I avoided them because I was afraid it was contagious.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!