What I learned on my vacation


I learned that you can survive taking 2 small children to Disney World during February vacation. It won't kill you, and it will definitely make you stronger. I have now changed diapers at 10,000 feet, changed a poopy diaper while waiting in line for It's a Small World, breastfed in all kinds of situations, etc. I am now fairly confident in my ability to do anything.

Advice: the Magic Kingdom is kind of frenetic (during February vacation, at least), Epcot is kind of boring (unless you have a scientific bent), and Animal Kingdom, to my mind, is the most interesting of the three. It was split into different sections, including Africa, Asia and Dinoland (a kitschy dinosaur theme park with dinosaurs quipping, "That really extincts."). I've never been to Africa, but it felt fairly authentic to me. I also enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Safari, which featured live animals and a driver who kept making corny jokes (part of Disney's style). Polynesian Resort (pictured above) really is nice, though some rooms have better views than others. The Tonga Toast (sourdough bread stuffed with bananas and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar) is delicious. The pools (both of them) are lovely, and one has a water slide.

And the weather is beautiful.

Comments

judy in ky said…
I've never been to Disney World, so I find your observations interesting. I think I would like the Animal Kingdom the best, too. I'm really glad you had good weather, and I've enjoyed your photos on facebook.
Bearette said…
Wow! i didn't know you had never been. i think you might enjoy it, though i would recommend going at a quieter time (shorter lines).
Domestic Kate said…
For me, it was a toss up between Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I remember seeing tomatoes being grown upside down at Epcot and I found that fascinating. A couple years later, the Topsy Turvy came out :) Yay for science!
You are a braver one than me.. My husband and I decided after the first one, we would wait till the kids were 5 to take them on any long distance trip.. Guess we saw too many unhappy babies and parents that were stressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!