Memories

So my memory is really crumbling. I remember when I was pregnant with Z, I forgot to tip my hairdresser. So I went back to the salon and tipped her. Then I realized I had left a bag of groceries there. So I went back and got them. Yesterday I remembered that two of my nephews were born in February, though I don't remember the exact days. So I bought them cards and signed them, and had E print his name at the bottom. I thought they would enjoy that; they both really enjoy spending time with him. The problem is, I was concentrating on having E sign the cards, and then I sent them without putting birthday checks inside. I just realized my mistake this morning. I felt bad about it for a while. Then I forgot that I did it. (At Christmas, I gave them checks, but forgot to bring them on the day itself.)

Maybe it is time for gingko biloba? On the plus side, my memory deterioration will probably help with grudges. I've always been a bit of a grudge holder, but now I can't remember who I was mad at, or why!

Comments

You've got a lot on your plate.. new baby, also you're more active in E's school things... You'll get things together it will be fine. We all go thru what you're going through..
Bearette said…
I guess that's true, Kalei :) Definitely a lot on my mind.
judy in ky said…
It sounds like you're a busy mom, a conscientious tipper and a thoughtful aunt. Give yourself a break; you're not losing your memory.
This Suzy said…
I doubt that you need it at this point, but if you do start taking ginkgo biloba, I'll be really curious what you think about it. I think my mom could use it, but I don't know anyone who's actually taken it, so I don't know how much good it does.
Rachel Federman said…
I feel similarly with not remembering grudges. Or even in the moment when I feel like I should be pissed off, I can't summon the energy to carry it out.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!