Book update

So I finished The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. I liked the concept - how in Victorian England every flower had a meaning - but the book itself was a little too gritty for me. Now I am reading The Odds by Stewart O'Nan. I think he really hit his stride with Emily Alone, the book before this one. I'm also reading The Flight of Gemma Hardy, which is loosely based on Jane Eyre, but transported to the 1950s, in Iceland and Scotland. I like it better than I initially thought I would. The writing is graceful and appealing, though the book is - yikes - 629 pages long!

Comments

judy in ky said…
I recently finished How It All Happened, which I liked a lot. Now I am reading Death Comes to Pemberly, which I am liking even better.
Bearette said…
never heard of how it all happened...who wrote that one?
judy in ky said…
Penelope Lively... sorry, it was "How It All Began", I had the title wrong. It's on my Nook, so I don't see the title page. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!