Hair

I'm so mad at this hair-washing woman right now.

I went to the salon I usually go to today, but the regular hair-washing girl was gone. In her place was this woman who handles your head like she's scrubbing a cabinet. My whole head was shaken vigorously like it was in a spin cycle. To top it off, she says, "I like to get hair really clean, I'm just being gentle because of the baby."

WTF????

Eventually I said something like, could you be gentler please, because you're making me nauseous. She calmed it down a bit. Finally, mercifully, it was over. I've never hated getting my hair washed before, it's usually my favorite part, but she managed to make it a miserable experience.

When the washer was out of earshot, I told my hairdresser (whom I like, and have been seeing for 3 years) that the washer is a little, um, ROUGH. She said she would say something.

I thought that was that, but the nausea stuck around all day. The appointment was 10:15 am and I'm still nauseous. At the school pickup, I talked to some of the other moms about it. One of them turned out to be a physical therapist and said that when you are pregnant, your ligaments are loose and if someone shakes your neck, they can injure your spine, and that will make you feel nauseated. She said if I'm still nauseous on Monday, she will do a couple of tests to see how my neck is.

I know this will sound awful, but I really really want her (the hair-washer, not the physical therapist) to be fired. I don't want her to wash my hair again and I don't want to have to switch salons.

Comments

judy in ky said…
Wow, that's terrible. I hope you will be okay way before Monday. Don't let her touch you again. Do they only have the one person there to wash hair? If so, maybe you could request that your hair dresser wash it for you.
Bearette said…
Thanks :) I was thinking the same thing. This morning, the nausea is mostly gone, but the neck pain is worse (like when you pull something at an exercise class and it's worse the next day). I'll be going again in 4-6 weeks and I'll email my hairdresser and ask if she can wash it. If not, the same studio has another branch and I think I might go to that.
Don't u dare switch salons... Refuse to have her touch you again... She definitely has issues. I hope u feel better and yes, I do believe her roughness is the key to you feeling like crap. u could follow up and say something to the salon owner?
This Suzy said…
I saw at my chiropractor's office that they do adjustments for pregnant women, so maybe that would help. I would definitely refuse to have that woman wash your hair again!
Poppy said…
Don't let that woman ever touch you again. You live in NYC, you don't have to be polite. She can go shake someone else's head, your baby and your health are way more important. And don't leave you salon over it. She's not even your regular hair washer. If she's ever the only person available you can always change your appointment...
BabelBabe said…
i agree, no need to switch. just be honest with your hairdresser and/or the owner of the salon. they will be upset to lose a regular customer.
Bearette said…
Yeah, i told the hairdresser. I'm just kind of unsure because a) she's the only hair-washer there when i go (while e is in school), and b) they have a sister salon i used to go to which is actually closer to me, and has my hair color in the computer and everything. So i'm not sure. hopefully the hairwasher will just move on.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!