E's first day of school went very well, at least the drop-off. We all slept till 8:14 so we had to rush to get everything together. I was running around with a Sharpie and making lunch. Finally we got out the door, only to be the first people to get to his class! The students were still arriving gradually when we left. We stayed half an hour, and E seemed to be doing fine and barely noticed our departure, though we said goodbye. He and the other children were having a grand old time making dinosaurs with Play-Doh.

Just saw some photos of the flooding in Vermont and fires in Texas. It really does seem like the end of days sometimes. I hope this crazy weather passes, and my thoughts are with the people in those areas.

Comments

Poppy said…
YAY to the stuff about E's first day!!
Bearette said…
:) This morning he said, "I don't want to go to school," but then he said, "Go and see friends?" so it seemed like a success.
judy in ky said…
It sounds like he is off to a good start with school... I'm glad to hear it.
I know, I feel so bad for all the troubles people are having. A couple of friends of mine in Pennsylvania have had their house flooded... twice.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!