So toilet training is an exhausting business. But it is also a learning experience for me. I think things were too easy for me for many years. School, except for math sometimes, was pretty easy and so I didn't face real challenges until I was in the work world. I am learning from toilet training that it is possible, and even good, to keep persevering with something even if it doesn't seem to be working at all.

So far we have moved through the following stages:

"Run and scream." This was a few months ago, when I figured out when E was about to poop and put him on his Sesame Street potty. The poop landed in the potty, but E ran off screaming.

"The potty is a fun place, but not necessarily to pee in."

We're kind of locked in that stage, but he did pee in it tonight. Some people suggest putting him in underwear when he gets off the potty, that this will work faster than using a pull-up. The downside: accidents. So I'm thinking I will use underwear at home, and a pull-up in public. Now I just have to buy him some big-boy underwear. I believe they will have it at Kmart.

Comments

Have u tried the sticker method? One sticker for #1, 2 for .... or the m&m one? same premise.. worked for all three of mine.
Bearette said…
He doesn't like M&Ms (I know, weird, but he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth). I can look into the stickers. Right now he gets to go to this website he likes as a reward.
Anonymous said…
I wish someone would reward me with M&Ms when I use the toilet! I can't imagine how difficult toilet-training is. Good luck, and I hope it all comes out all right :) Bad joke?
Bearette said…
Haha. No, I hope the same :)
do whatever works...lol... glad he likes going to Blogger. better than the online games.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!