I just finished a book that I really enjoyed reading - The Lake Shore Limited by Sue Miller. I usually like her books, but I avoided this one because I thought it was about 9/11. Turns out I wasn't entirely correct - it's more like a whisper of 9/11, and in a fairly original way. I recommend it if you've liked her other books, or if you just like a quiet, thoughtful, contemplative book with interesting characters.

I tried a new restaurant today, the Tipsy Parson. For dessert I had a bourbon pecan sundae. I was grateful to be sharing it with D and our friend - it was enormous - but it was quite good. It tasted like they poured a shot of bourbon into it, but the waitress told us afterward, it was part of the gelato.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!